Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sending My Concerns

A different issue for SMC this time!

In wake of the controversial news that MP Brad Trost told a pro-life group he was meeting with that Planned Parenthood Intereational is going to be refused the eighteen million dollars in funding it's requested from the Canadian government. The most recent application has been waiting for approval since last fall, and though the Conservatives are continuing to say that the abortion debate will not be raised during Harper's time as Prime Minister, one must wonder about the length of time this request has been sat on.

I've phoned my local MP, Lois Brown, and left a message abour how I feel on this issue, and asked to be called back later. I also called my Liberal MP candidate, Kyle Peterson, and asked what the Liberals felt about this situation. He strongly disagreed with this stance, and told me that the Liberals would approve funding immidiately if they get into power this election.

I'll update this with the response from Lois Brown later. And if you're from a different riding, I encourage you to make your own feelings on this known to your MP candidates. Or from the same riding, lol. Making your opinions known is the best way to help make sure your representative is aware of the interests of the people who vote for them.

1 comment:

  1. Planned Parenthood deserves no money from the government or anyone else. Margaret Sanger was a eugenicist who promoted abortion so that those she saw as the lower races would be eliminated.

    ReplyDelete